Thursday, September 30, 2010

Photography...

I have been encouraged by many to pursue my photography. I have no idea how I'm going to make the necessary time for it, but I will at least try to make some time and work around my young family and crazy-busy life to make this possible. Even if it takes me years, I will at least try.
I have always thought that in order to get into something or pursue anything of interest, you have to give it 100% from the start. With this mentality I have put aside a lot of things that I have always wanted to do. I use the phrases "I have no time", "we can't afford this", "I'm a busy mother of four busy kids", and other excuses. The times that I have actually pursued something I wanted to do, I have noticed that it took me time to do it or get it. Literally years. 
My marathon running is an example of that.  It was something I always wanted to do and I finally decided to do it, now I can't seem to stop myself from wanting to run more of them.  I'm Crazy, I know.  It also helps to have the support and motivation I have received from everyone in my life, mostly my family.
I have also been surrounded by friends who inspire me and motivate me often enough to remind me that I TOO can pursue, I TOO can do. I just need to decide to do it or pursue it. I need to make the time, and I need to find a way to save a little extra, so that I can afford it.  I need to believe that I can and have the faith to do it.
With all this in mind, I'm launching my own photography blog (thanks for all the encouragement). This way I can share with you my newly discovered passion and interest. I want to commit to spending a little more time pursuing photography. Even if it is one hour a day! One hour! I can choose not to facebook or reply to my e-mails or blog for just one hour of my day.
I want to learn more, and put into practice all that I have been taught so far by my friend Jessica Bjorn, who is a very talented local photographer and such an inspiration to me. If she can do it, so can I!  I have no software yet to edit my work.  But the pictures that I have taken with Jessica on several photo shoots over the last year are edited by her and they look so clean and crisp.  My own pictures will be edited when I can get the software to do so.
So, now what do I do?  Well, one thing is for certain I need to start soliciting the help of my friends and family by letting me be their personal photographer.  This way I can get the practice that I so need, build my portfolio and eventually become as good as any professional photographer out there.  This will take time, possibly years to accomplish, but I will do it!
Here is the start of my photography world.  Let's see how I do. 
These are some pictures from this last Spring and Summer's photoshoots with Jessica Bjorn owner of Bakan Photography































No comments: